Many of our recipients of lunch are missing breakfast – “the most important meal of the day”. We are working toward supplying our current recipients breakfast items. The items will be delivered by our current volunteers once a week. Each breakfast recipient will receive enough breakfast supplies for one week.
Examples of needed, individually packaged items are:
- healthy cereals
- instant grits and oatmeal
- sugar-free or reduced sugar fruit cups
- dried fruit and nuts
- fresh fruit
- breakfast bars or low sugar granola bars
- peanut butter or almond butter
- low sodium V-8
- breakfast drinks such as tea, instant coffee, and a variety of 100% fruit juices
Contributions ensure that we are able to continue our mission of delivering daily nutrition to residents within the Summerville area who are homebound or unable to provide their own meals.